Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dogwood blossoms and Employee of the Month


This week among other things, I was able to cast another pewter hair comb featuring dogwood blossoms (one of my favourites!) with their unusually curled petals. I'm pairing it with a single dogwood bud on a light chain. I think the buds look like tiny presents! Dogwood, magnolia and pine trees always remind me of the brief time I lived in Georgia.


It's important to note that none of my waxes would ever find themselves in durable metal form without the help of my hardworking equipment! As such, I'm launching a segment called Employee of the Month, in which one of my non-human shop mates gets his day in the limelight. March goes to my lovely burnout kiln, without whom nothing would have been made this month. Congratulations Val!







No comments:

Post a Comment